You know you’re over the hill on St. Patrick’s Day when:
- You have two drinks over the weekend and still feel “hung over” on Monday.
- Rather than make green cocktails, you make green pancakes for your kids.
- You end up wearing the same faded and stained green t-shirt (or scarf or sweater) every St. Patrick’s Day because it’s the only ^%^%*& green item you own.
- You could give two green poops if the *&&^% green item makes you look like a kindergartener.
- You try to remember to buy something that’s more updated and green for your wardrobe, but you manage to forget, every year.
- Your version of “tying one on” is going for a jog after Pilates class.
- You used to bar hop with friends on St. Patrick’s Day, but these days, you’re too exhausted after taxiing the kids around, cleaning the house and doing five loads of laundry.
- Just watching the cast members of Jersey Shore stay out until 3 a.m. makes you tired.
- You delete all the Groupons you receive from local pubs because you’d rather stay in and make green cookies with your kids.
- You consider a soy green tea latte your green drink of choice for the day.
- You juice green vegetables and pour the mixture in a wine glass to make you feel like you’re partying.
- You’d like to go see a band and drink green beer, but when you find out the band doesn’t go on until 9:30 p.m., you put on your PJ pants because you know it’s so not going to happen.
- When you do (miraculously) decide to make plans to go out and celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, you get a text from the sitter that one of your kids is sick… five minutes after you leave the house.
I hope you have a fun St. Patrick’s Day…. no matter what you do!