Spring is definitely NOT in the air. (It was 13 degrees this morning in Rhode Island, and it felt like 7.) (I can barely feel my face as I type this.) But it’s March, which means…. it’s tax season. My birthday is on tax day. Yes, my birthday is April 15. (I share it with a friend, and my husband’s birthday is the day after.) So I tend to get a little stressed about taxes…. and excited about spring fashion trends this time of year. I run my own consulting business, so I have to do both personal and business taxes. So. Not. Fun. Anyone who knows me can tell you that I’d rather get a mole and my molars removed on the same day, without any pain killers, than do my taxes.
So, the following list is for every one of you, in honor of all the bean counting that needs to be done in the next few weeks. God bless America, let’s all try to get through this. With all the procrastinating I’ve been doing, if anything, this should make you feel better about your progress.
You know you’re procrastinating (during tax season) when:
– You vacuum UNDER the couch;
– You dust even when guests are not coming over;
– You unload the dishwasher at 6:30 a.m. and again at 6:30 p.m. and put away that random piece of Tupperware that somehow gets stuck in the bottom rack and never gets put away;
– You fold and put away your laundry as soon as they come out of the dryer;
– You make the kids homemade pancakes for breakfast (even during the week);
– You clean every toilet in the house (with a toothbrush);
– You bake cookies the same day your Girl Scout cookies arrive;
– You voluntarily do the grocery shopping every day (even just to pick up two apples);
– You make excuses to go to CVS so you can flip through gossip magazines;
– You remove the dog fur from every surface of your house and car (with a lint brush);
– You clean the kitchen floor with a sponge;
– You “like” every post on Facebook;
– You comment on your own posts;
– You make a dentist appointment without rescheduling it;
– You go to the eye doctor;
– You brave the cold and actually exercise in 13 degree weather;
And last, but not least….
– You write articles about avoiding doing your taxes.