Brownies alone (even without the SNL Brownie Husband) are like a cross between chocolate cake and fudge, and that, my friend, is all this mom needs.
Check out this recipe for amazing brownies.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Butter and flour a 9×13 inch baking pan or casserole dish.
2. In a large saucepan over moderate heat, melt the butter. Remove from heat.
3. In a small bowl, lightly whip the eggs. Stir sugar and vanilla into eggs and set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, shift together flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
5. Add sugar mixture to melted butter and mix well. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture and mix just until combined – about fifty strokes with a wooden spoon.
6. Spread batter into the prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Do not over bake!
7. Frost brownies while they are still warm with Frosting for Brownies, and allow to cool completely before slicing.
Serves: 24 generous brownies
- 1 ¼ cups butter
- 1 ¼ cups cocoa powder
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Over low heat in a small saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and beat to combine. Pour warm frosting over brownies while they are still warm, and allow to set. Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting.